little stuff



As my eyes opened this morning I could see through the blinds that the sun was out in all its glory. This might not sound like a big deal, but to me who has not seen the sun really since being back in Vancouver it was amazing. I knew this was going to be a good morning. Without even eating a quick meal to get me going I quickly got out and about to roam around and just meander around the city. I confess that in all the excitement I just had to get a double americano to accompany me on my journey.

It was delicious. The smell, the taste, and the price. For only a dollar eighty five you can have the finest espresso available. This was also amazing. From here I decided to go to an area called Trout Lake. As I walked I began to appreciate the smell of the air, the sun on my face, and the activity going on around me. Some people were running, others were walking dogs, and so on. It was just amazing to notice so many wonderful things this morning. My senses were completely stimulated and loving it.

The best part of my journey this morning was when I rounded the back of Trout Lake. I turned and faced north and it was the most amazing picture ever. The lake surrounded by trees, houses, the city, and way in the distance was a never ending wall of snow capped mountains. On all of this was the amazing sunlight that I have been longing
for.

This is not the same view but the same direction.

This morning was just a great time to notice and appreciate the small things. People even seemed very pleasant this morning. I actually got a hello or maybe even how are you doing out of passers by. These are truly the precious moments of our days that I hope to hold on to and remember. I love little stuff throughout my days. Big things that happen in life are great, but they may not happen to often. I think that the small stuff happens all the time around us and we aren't looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment