a little confirmation is always nice.

I love it when God gives me direct answers to direction in life. It doesn't always happen in easy immediate ways, but when it does it makes me excited. So yesterday I was walking and trying to engage God through prayer about direction of one of my places of ministry. I have been feeling a little unsure about one of my places of intentional ministry in the city. There was a lot going into those feelings, but to put it simply I was questioning whether or not my presence was serving a purpose really. This is a place that I physically only spend about two to three hours per week. I have added a lot to my schedule and have gotten really busy since I started there, and ultimately I want to be open to God's leading. So I was talking to God about it. Afterwards I went to this place and it was a struggle. I didn't enjoy it. However, at the end of my time I went for coffee with the lady who runs this place. By the way I am talking about the pottery studio for people to come in off the street and make a wage while learning skills. So we go out for coffee and this lady tells me how important I am there and just how my presence changes the dynamic of the people there. I couldn't believe it. I totally felt that I got confirmation from the big guy. What an answer to prayer. I instantly begin to have vision and excitement for the future of Just Pottery.

2 Comments:

  1. Allison said...
    You change the atmosphere wherever you go Ryan. You will always make places better with your being there...I've witnessed that everywhere I've ever gone with you. Except for when you came into my bedroom that one time.
    Allison said...
    Dammit! That we me...Ryan Detzel. Now my joke has turned into a weird thing involving my wife's reputation.

    Blast!!

Post a Comment