Beautiful Diversity

This morning I awoke to the sight of a clear sunny day outside. Although it has only been about a week since I have seen that sight it feels like forever. The warmth of the sun and smell of the air were amazing. I try the best I can to revel in God's beauty. I am continuously humbled by God's creation.

Anyway, what should I do with a morning such as this. Thats right, go down the street for a little sausage and eggs. The cottage restaurant has been serving for nearly forty years and still going strong here on Commercial Drive. Although the folks in the restaurant may not be the most personable of people on the planet they are intriguing to me. They are all elderly Italian people. Sitting in the midst of that community I feel as though I am in a small Italian village or something. They go on and on in their native tongue to one another. It is really great to experience that culture just sitting in that restaurant having some eggs. So this morning I was able to experience different culture in a different more beautiful way. This morning I didn't feel like an outsider, but rather a part mixed right into everything. I gotta get about my day. Lots to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment