Compassion

This is a tough word. Where does it come from? Are we all compassionate? Since being in this city I have really struggled with what it means to have compassion for someone. To some extent I feel that compassion is something that drives us to act in situations of injustice or suffering. I am trying to sort this out in my head. Especially when I read the gospels in the bible in certain passages the author writes that Jesus had compassion and then he healed whatever the ailment. The bible doesn't always say this before Jesus heals someone. I think of how Jesus reaches out and touches people with leprosy and heals them. That is crazy. I know that I would have a tough time touching someone like that. I feel that having true compassion for the injustice and suffering in the world pushes us into action. Without it we could easily walk on by and forget about someone hurting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment