Imagination


Well my friends we have entered into the imagination posture of our learning here. We are now starting the life compass process. This is something that takes our whole past and all sorts of stuff and hopefully we will get a better idea for what God wants for our future. We get to do all this in the midst of community and it is wonderful...sort of. Actually it can be pretty painful and difficult. At least those of us who might have led a life that is not exactly "normal" or somewhat painful this can be a difficult process.

I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. I'm sure that is sort of the nature of this experience. But man it hurts most of the time. People ask us if we are "happy" or enjoying life to the fullest. I can honestly say that we are enjoying life as best we can, but growth does not come without pain. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.

Let's face it...life as I knew it is gone. I have no close friends. I have no cars to go where ever I want. I have no house or place to call my own. I don't have that spending money to be crazy with. I don't even have decent appliances or utensils to cook with. I have lost my identity no matter how positive or negative it was.

Not to mention the ones we are building relationship with here. Most of them are extremely poor, drug addicted, mentally ill, dying from disease. It makes my crap seem more insignificant. It puts things into perspective. I really don't need that other stuff, no matter how much I think I do. Most of the people in the world are extremely poor. The kingdom of God crashed into my comfortable life and messed it all up.

Yeah things are good..

really good.

Just what is life going to look like for me and Carrie?

I'm going to try my best to think big.

I can't wait to see all my loved ones.

2 Comments:

  1. Reverb said...
    Are you sure you guys can't just make an escape during Christmas break and stay here for good?

    We miss you guys an we can't wait to bring some part of your identity back. We need it!
    Unknown said...
    I am just "imagining" what you are going thru and how it has/will change you both. You guys have lived a lifetime in one year. And now you can come back and look at things thru new eyes. I am so proud of you both and know that you will live a much fuller life because of this experience. Kinda like the Bourne Supremacy... you are still you just with a very expanded mind! Love ya Mom

Post a Comment