too good to be true.

This past week ended the long hard journey of trying to get rid of all things that are excessive in my life. A couple of years ago I was a single guy working in a good paying job. What did I need to complete the image I was trying to create for myself? A high performance sports car. To make matters worse I decided to lease this thing for four years to cut my payments down. In the first six months of having this vehicle I decided I needed to get rid of so much in my life. Especially material things. In this time I also met my wife and we decided to pursue full time ministry as a job.

After so many failed attempts to rid our lives of the curse and financial drain otherwise known as the GTO, things came to a close last week as the 400 horsepower with dual exhaust purred down the driveway onto a car carrying trailer. I was then able to cancel the insurance and be done with the last bit of debt that we had.

Even after this thing drove out of my life, it seemed too good to be true. I have been dealing with fears that it would come back to us somehow. After receiving a positive message on the phone late last night from the new owner in Cleveland, I know it is gone for good. Thanks be to God.



Here is the best wisdom I can give. Never lease a car.

1 Comment:

  1. DanThoms said...
    Your the only person I've ever met that has prayed "Dear Lord, rid my life of sports cars."

Post a Comment