reconnecting

There are so many people in life that we just lose contact with along the way. It really stinks sometimes. Phone conversations and emails only last so long sometimes.

Today I had a chance to reconnect with one of those long lost friends from college. His name is Mark. He has since moved to Florida to pursue a lot of further education. Mark happened to be coming through Cincy today. One thing led to another and we got to meet up over in Hyde Park. We talked for a couple hours catching up on what we have missed out on in each other's lives, good and bad, and some future direction. It was great. I just loved hearing about all the ups and downs that have shaped Mark's life since I last saw him.

I didn't feel the need to give any advice or anything. Just LISTEN. That can be hard to do sometimes. We always feel compelled to give answers or solve everyone's problem. I have come to grips with the fact that I am not going to solve any one's issues.

I love meeting up for coffee for anything, but meeting up with Mark was especially good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment