relationship

I have a confession to make. I am no thealogian. I probably didn't even spell it right. Anyway; one thing I am convinced that the world really needs is relationship with others. We were not meant to do life by ourselves. Today I was at the pottery studio and my good friend Roger came in. We were already full to capacity, but we told Roger he could hang out and have some coffee. I could instantly see that Roger was not his normal self. He was wasted, but it still wasn't his normal drunken state. I asked Roger if he wanted to talk about anything. He said sure. I knew he was going through an extra difficult time and to top things off his girlfriend that he had just broken things off with works at the studio as well. Roger expressed to me that in so many words his life wasn't worth anything and he wanted to end it all and not deal with any more pain.

I am so thankful that God does not leave us alone with situations like this. Over the next hour or so the holy spirit did some serious work and was able to speak words to Roger in the midst of drunkenness. Roger was buying into so many lies. It simply wasn't Roger I was talking to. God was able to speak encouragement and a sense of worth into Roger as he cried like a child in my arms. Although I didn't really know what to do, it was so amazing. I am so thankful to have been apart of that Kingdom breakthrough.

Without a relationship with Roger who knows what might have happened. Not that I really did anything. He felt safe enough to come in there and be received with love. We need more places like this that accept people no matter where they come from and what they have done in their lives. The Kingdom came crashing into the world today and repaired some brokenness. I am so fortunate to be apart of the blessed work that God is doing in the place.

2 Comments:

  1. Reverb said...
    Keep it up. Each decision you make to fight the good fight results in more power for the Kingdom.

    You could have totally ignored the fact that Roger needed to talk to someone, but you didn't. That's the kind of person God needs you to be.

    Yes...you spelled theologian wrong. Gimme a call sometime.
    Unknown said...
    hey - you are feeling the reward of being a Christian and aware of others. "Giving" at it's best!

Post a Comment