glittens and lattes

Man I love Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I can't be home for the amazing Holiday that brings folks together. I think in many ways our relationships are strengthened by being away. Absence does seem to make the heart grow fonder. We miss you all so much. Carrie talked to her family today as they were all gathered and laughing and getting ready to gorge themselves with some turkey and stuffing. It made both of us sad. However; I can't wait to get together tomorrow with some fellow Americans who have been like family in some ways while we are here in Vancouver. We will be having a full on turkey dinner and I'm sure we will be laughing it up.

I think about the last year and I have so much to be thankful for. Too much to list really. Some of the big things are:

an amazing wife

great friends

a year in Vancouver (although difficult)

provision in overabundance (food, clothes, money)

coffee; lattes; americanos

glittens (not gloves and not quite mittens) and other warm garments

ability to do whatever I feel I'm to do with this life

half of a brain

love

chance to make a difference in the world


I can't wait until the next turkey day already.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Reverb said...
    Hope you have a good Turkey Dinner tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Ryan and Carrie. Allison and I love you guys very much.

    Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Post a Comment