Immediate gratifacation



For the last few months I have scooped up some new hobbies. Both of which I actually took part in today. I just got back from drumming (djembe) lesson. Earlier today I worked in someone's basement remodeling project. I love going down there and spending as much time as I can. My goal in doing this is to provide decent service for dirt cheap and get them ready to rent the basement suite out by January the first. That would be sweet if it actually came together and we met our goal. What I should also mention is that I am not too handy. I grew up with my mom for crying out loud. She never taught me how to fix anything. Maybe a good sandwich or something...hehe. Sorry about that. That was lame.

So anyway. I have been doing this and it gives me great pleasure. I get to do something for someone and I am learning something new and I get immediat gratifacation for my work. I can see tangible results when I am done. I get to give myself a big pat on the back and head home. The work of human hands is a great thing. We have had similar results in our neighborhood garden this year as well. That started out as a real dump and we mangaged to turn it into something better than average. As you can see it is not looking too bad. Wink


Not too shabby hugh. My work looks very similar to these photos. That's why I included them. Sure I occassionally screw up a piece of drywall or something, but in the end I see perfection.

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    Hey - mom's teach you the important things.... like how to be a good husband and make your wife happy by making good sandwiches!

    Love Mom

Post a Comment