The Blessings of Laundry


I have to be honest and tell you right off that I don't often do the laundry. If that were my responsibility we would be smelling funky most of the time. Carrie is really good about making sure that we have clean undies. Normally to do our laundry we put all of our dirty clothes into big suitcases and drag it down the steps and a couple of blocks to our community house where they have a washer and dryer that we use free of charge. This is a big hastle for everyone. No one likes it when laundry day comes around because we over take the machines and destroy their living room with all of our clothes. There really is just no good way of doing it.

Since we have had a battle of bed bugs on our hands we have had to take all of our garments and wash them in really hot water. This means more laundry to do. Carrie asked me last night if I would take the laundry and just get it done so we wouldn't have to worry about these bugs any more. I recognized this as a prime opportunity to help my wife so she doesn't feel so stressed out. So today I made a trip to the laundry mat just downstairs and down the street. We usually avoid this due to the added cost of using the machines.

For me the laundry mat was actually quite an enjoyable experience that I wish we would have utilized earlier. One thing that made it even better was the fact that I had a double americano from the cafe next door and it was amazing. I had a couple great pieces of reading material to dive into while I was waiting. The problem was that I couldn't concentrate on my reading. The mezmerizing sound of the washers and dryers was captivating. I escaped the natural world into whatever was going on in my mind. And I was also caught up in the interesting people coming in and out of the laundry mat.

That place was sweet. It was a great place to talk to some neighbors. Maybe I'll start hanging out there more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment